If you’re new to kratom, it isn’t easy to know where to start, especially if you’re looking to buy kratom online. There are a multitude of different vendors and strains that have definitely marked differences, and to research each one takes a good bit of effort. From this difficulty, I decided it might be good to create a short guide to help new users both find a good vendor and a good strain.
When I first started looking into kratom, I had no idea what to expect. I had heard a lot of mixed reports, some stated that kratom was stimulating, others that kratom was sedating, and one even said it would give me hallucinations (obviously FDA propaganda in retrospect, though I was skeptical at the time as well due to user reports).
The truth is that each strain has different effects, and so if you’re looking to get the best results from any kratom strain you buy, you need to get a general overview of different strain properties which I’ll provide:
- Red Vein Strains – Typically more sedating, great for pain relief and relaxation
- Green Vein Strains – Somewhere in the middle, a well balanced strain with both relaxing and stimulating properties.
- White Vein Strains – Stimulating, less effective for pain relief, good for focus.
On top of different vein types, there are also different strains which depend upon their origin. Some of the most popular include:
- Thai Kratom – Typically quite stimulating kratom, low-moderate for pain relief. Red Vein Thai can typically be used quite effectively for pain relief, however.
- Bali/Borneo/Indo – While there are definitely some differences between these strains, they are typically characterized by their sedative qualities and excellent pain relief.
- Maeng Da – Also stimulating, while being effective for pain as well. Considered the king of all kratom strains due to its unique, powerful nature.
- Malaysian Strains – Vary dramatically from stimulating to sedating, typically in between, however.
Finding a Good Vendor
Throughout your time with kratom, you will likely experiment with a wide range of different vendors and find some good ones. One of my favorite places to buy kratom has been http://ensobotanicals.com, though, they have since taken a hiatus it seems. Despite that, there are many other good vendors out there.
Some other good vendors I have found include http://mmmspeciosa.com, though there are definitely other good vendors. The best thing to do when starting out is to look for good reviews, and there are many great sources for this, some of the best of which are forums. There you can register and find reviews from a dedicated group of kratom users.
Finding a good group of kratom vendors to choose from may take a bit of time, however, you can dramatically shorten that time by finding good reviews from experienced kratom users, or on blogs such as this one which contain reviews.